Day 2 Slow and uneventful…yeah!   October 8th, 2011

From Linda…

The night went well with sleep only interrupted for medications and vitals about 3 or 4 times. They continued to give Jake the medications to counter the IL2 effects for 24 hours after the last dose. Jake decided he was up for the morning with his 6am meds and sent me back to the Lodge to collect some more winks with the kids.

Jake had follow-up chest X-rays this morning which showed enough improvement in his lung congestion that they took him off the extra oxygen. Jake is happy not to be tethered once more. He is hoping he won’t have to sleep upright tonight. They also started him on meds to help him shed the 5+ kilos of water he gained due to the IL2.

Bas stayed with Jake during the afternoon while Krystyana and I ran errands including buying special foods that sounded interesting to Jake’s suffering taste buds and stomach. He is eating more although it is taking a lot of effort on his part.

Krystyana took Jake out for a walk in the halls under nurse’s orders. He needs to start moving more and lying down less to regain his strength and combat fatigue.

Jake was feeling well enough that the sent me back to the Lodge for the night so he can go to sleep early himself tonight. Sweet dreams.

Tags: , ,
This entry was posted on Saturday, October 8th, 2011 at 21:16 and is filed under Health. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.

October 8th, 2011 at 22:15

hope you get some rest!!!!

hugs!

October 8th, 2011 at 22:16

YEAH!!! One tentative but steady step on the road to recovery. Mile marker 1 on the highway to NED! Bon nochi!

October 9th, 2011 at 02:10
Dad Says:

We are happy about the good news of diminishing water in Jake’s lungs. Dad and mom.
PS.:Thanks for care, Linda and kids!Jake, don’t worry about those 5+ kilo. I gained them during those two weeks of ourlast visit in Boston :-)))

October 9th, 2011 at 10:13
Glen Reem Says:

Good to hear of the progress w/o major side effects. Keep up the good work, Jake!

TKS for posting, Linda.

October 9th, 2011 at 11:55
Niki and Bob Says:

To Jake, Linda, Bas, and Krystyana:
Powerful sympatico vibes coming to all of you from us. We’re cheering for you. The descriptions from you (both) are very heartening. March on! To NED!

October 9th, 2011 at 13:57

Linda, thanks for the updates, they are much appreciated. I hope you got some much needed rest, as you’ll need it. I can’t believe Jake is up and walking already…wow…I can only imagine the last couple of days have been less than a describable hell…glad things are looking up.

TO NED!

Hugs and love,

October 9th, 2011 at 15:58
Jarmila Richter Says:

this had to be a agrueling time for you. Reading the blog I was imagining all segments of your treatment vividlly and almost felt at the times a strain like I went through the process myself. I was surprised that you could have had with you Linda and the kids when your immunity was low. We thought that you would be seen only through the glass window in the door. Luckily they were there and I am sure you were glad to have them around. I hope for the full after- tretment recovery, and NED on horizon!

Linda, thank you for all the care, kindness and compassion.

Love,
your mom.

October 9th, 2011 at 19:06
Denise and Ted Says:

hugs to all the Richters . . .

October 9th, 2011 at 22:36
Margarite Says:

Hugs to all. Thanks for the update Linda. Jake rest and breathe and walk . Singing and dancing soon. You are loved.