Another Day and Another   May 24th, 2012

from Linda

Jake is adjusting to the hospice well. I got to overnight with Jake Saturday night which gave us private time together . We’ve had lots of visitors and Jake keeps us hopping for various foods like Mexican, Brazilian and Sushi. Jake is doing better than I am in remembering the details of everyone’s lives. :-) And we have had several friends visit that go back almost 30 years, pretty impressive.

On Sunday, they started Jake on a new medicine to help him with word confusion/frustration – trying to find the right word. Although drowsiness is not a side effect, it seems to help patients relax so the first couple days they are sleepy and are able to catch up on some much needed sleep.

We are taking a leisurely morning (Jake is napping) as we are expecting an energetic visit from our niece and nephew today.

Tags: ,
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 16:05 and is filed under Family, Health. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.

May 28th, 2012 at 10:50
dad Says:

All friends and admirers of Jake can get a taste of his life from day Zero to present at the following three videos:

Ota Richter (dad)

May 28th, 2012 at 11:08
Ann Dederer Says:

Dear Linda, Jake, Krystyana and Bas,

Many hugs and love to you this morning. Thank you so much for your latest note. We’re so pleased that you were able to get some more rest and spend time together yesterday. The menu variety sounds great! I hope the new medicine helps – along with some extra rest.

Have a good visit this afternoon. We are thinking of you with all our hearts.

Love and hugs,

Ann

May 28th, 2012 at 11:13

Thinking of you and sending love to you all. Great food choices an Im so glad he’s enjoying them!

May 28th, 2012 at 11:23

Hurrah for much needed sleep, and enjoy that energetic visit and the food I didn’t know New Hampshire offers. You zest for life always inspires me, Jake.
Love and hugs to you all!

May 28th, 2012 at 11:25
Hannah Says:

Thinking of you all often! Hugs…

May 28th, 2012 at 12:03
erin waetjen Says:

Thinking of you guys and sending lots of hugs!

May 28th, 2012 at 12:40

Much love & food!

May 28th, 2012 at 13:07
Kitty Says:

…Wow! you guys remain such an impressive inspiration; Thank You!
Cheers to life, love and food. Big hug & a big bow…

Also thank you Ota Richter for the YouTube-picture-vids. Very nice. And geez, this Renaissance Guy’s face almost hasn’t changed since day 1! :-) I was also very moved to unexpectedly see myself with Jake in one of the videos….

May 28th, 2012 at 14:03
Cameron Says:

First – you don’t know me. I found your website/blog in search of art capturing the beauty of Bonaire. Off and on, for about six months, I’ve read updates on Jake’s condition and have prayed for you all. We are returning to Bonaire on Saturday for our 3rd visit (from Georgia) I just wanted to say that I continue to pray for an obviously very-loved person who is so much more than an artist!

May 28th, 2012 at 15:21

Linda thank you for the update and glad you got some private time with Jake. Glad to hear that Jake is enjoying various foods, getting rest, and enjoying visits of friend and family. I really enjoyed the videos; seeing the many ages of who Jake has been and is. What a cutie! And loved seeing 'when Jake fell in love' with you, Linda. Wishing you all a good night . .
Denise

May 28th, 2012 at 17:24
Jessica Says:

I’m thinking about you guys all the time. Jake’s appetite and love of friends are still going strong and that makes me smile.

Last night was the celebration of the Golden Gate Bridge’s 75th birthday. There was the most spectacular fireworks show I’ve ever seen. If any of you are in the mood for some gorgeousness, take a look and smile: http://vimeo.com/42969389

xoxo from San Francisco.
Love,
Jessica

May 28th, 2012 at 20:23
Marion Wilson Says:

Thank you for the update Linda – at least from your last post I feel a sort of calmness in your communication – which is good. Keep strong and positive.

Much love to you all, Marion. Bonaire.

May 31st, 2012 at 12:38
Mary H Says:

Linda – thanks for the peaceful imagery. Peace be with you all.