Tired   May 29th, 2012

from Linda

I spent another night keeping Jake company. He has become restless and frustrated, unable to get comfortable. The nurses tell me it is very common and quickly began trying to ease the restlessness. But it took almost 4 hours to find the right combination and dose of drugs to make that happen. Jake  is snoozing again after waking briefly this morning to let me know he was cold.

Jake has also lost his interest in lots of foods. I’m not sure he managed even a bite of our second attempt to get him sushi. All and all things are going faster than I had hoped.

Please know if anyone does desire to visit you are always welcome. Just know that Jake is quite groggy and unable to engage in lots of socializing. I have been letting Jake know the names of all those that have commented on the blog, Facebook, BT, emails, and such. Many names have produced smiles and grins, while others a little sadness or weeping as he would have liked to have seen you all one last time. Of course, it would have taken years for Jake to have had shared that last meal with you all.

Tags:
This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 at 09:02 and is filed under Family. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.

May 29th, 2012 at 17:43
Niki and Bob Says:

Linda, Thank you for keeping us informed. When so many people all around the world share their thoughts of love and support for you and your family, it all amplifies exponentially. Check with the nearest world-traveling,renaissance man-geek and see if it’s working.
Peace.

May 29th, 2012 at 19:06
RosAnne Says:

Always have all of you in my thoughts, I wish a peaceful transition for Jake. I admire you all more than I can express in written word. The love and commitment that your family has for one another overwhelms me. The goodness that Bonaire Talk has brought into my life will never be matched and I thank Jake from the bottom of my heart for that. Thank you Linda for writing updates I know it must be difficult, I hope the outpouring of love an compassion coming from everyone warms your heart even just a little during this trying time. We are all with you in thought and spirit.

May 29th, 2012 at 19:26
Sarah J.Frame Says:

No matter where it happens, or when – we WILL have yet another, feet off the floor hug Mr. Richter! You are all in my thoughts, every day. Jake: I love you dearly my friend.

May 29th, 2012 at 19:39
Tom C Says:

Jake, Linda, Yana, Bas, Martin, will see you tomorrow, till then sending virtual hugs.

May 29th, 2012 at 20:06
Therese Stokes Says:

I was honored and privledged to see this blog via a highschool friend Liz Melon. I too have that feeling in me, wanting to travel and see and experience life, sharing with others from my perspective. I do not know you but I have read many of the blog postings. Thank you for sharing part of your life with me. I pray you are peaceful now and wish comfort for your family. I KNOW they are so proud of you. You have taught many people many things. We will carry them with us.
Love and peace,
Therese

May 29th, 2012 at 23:10
Josie Estill Says:

Dear, dear Linda — my heart and prayers are with you for your own healing, and that of Bas and Yana. I’ve toyed with the idea of driving 8 hours to tell Jake what a difference you’ve all made in my life, but YOU need the time with him, not me. Please tell my always friend Jake that I love him, and he’s been such an inspiration to me. My times in dushi Bonaire were always more special when I connected with your family, and I’ll never let go of those wonderful memories. Thank you for letting me into your wide circle. I will always hold you close, as this journey continues. I am very sad. Please give Jake a Josie hug!

May 30th, 2012 at 07:02
Anne Kandra Says:

Jake, Linda, and family, although I hadn’t seen Jake since we worked together years ago, I’m reminded of his kind, gentle nature, generosity, and adventurous spirit as I read through these blog posts. These things will stay with you forever. I wish you all strength and peace.

May 30th, 2012 at 09:51
Candia Sweet Says:

Jake –

We have not traded email since last autumn, so I’m saddened by the news on the blog. As you know, my family has had several bouts with melanoma, so your experience hits very close to home. I wish that I was close enough to visit. Thinking of you and wishing you peace. – Candia Sweet from Jones Day in Cleveland (Patent Fetcher customer).

May 30th, 2012 at 10:32
Robert and Susan Says:

Robert has followed Jake since the beginning as he was diagnosed at the same time with Stage 3a. Know that you and all your loved ones are always in our thoughts and prayers.

May 30th, 2012 at 10:57
Corky and Sy Says:

Linda, you are a rock. Our hearts and thoughts continue to be with you all.

May 30th, 2012 at 12:01
Kitty Says:

May you all be held with great compassion
May your pain and sorrow be eased
May you find the peace and comfort you need
Blessings, Praise and Gratitude –
Love you all, Kitty

May 30th, 2012 at 12:37
Freddie Says:

Holding you all in my heart today. May the wings of the angels keep your day peaceful and calm.
Love and hugs to you all,
Freddie

May 30th, 2012 at 15:34
Jessica Says:

Hugs and kisses all around.

May 30th, 2012 at 18:18
Michael Says:

The memory of sitting holding your hands in silent prayer will be with me forever.

May 30th, 2012 at 19:24
Diana Gevers Says:

Dear Linda and Jake,

I have been praying a lot for you all, and tell Jake I always admire him for what he did with InfoBonaire and the WEbcreation course I did with him!!!

hugs ….and lots of strength to you all……love Diana

May 30th, 2012 at 22:39
DeAnna Says:

Linda,
Hoped to meet you all in Bonaire before you had to leave for the states, sorry that didn’t happen. Please know you all are in our prayers for comfort and more time that could lead to healing if the Lord wills.