October 16th at Ol’ Blue/Tolo   October 22nd, 2012

We arrived at Ol’ Blue around 5:30pm. Although sunset would be at 6:14pm, it was already darkening as the cloud cover was pretty thick except for this amazing break in the clouds which let the sun stream through.

We hugged and talked with everyone while we waited for the sun to set.  Many people asked me why Ol’ Blue, as locals many of us only visit this spot when taking the new visitor on an island tour. For us Ol’ Blue has been a favorite spot for beach BBQs with dear friends while watching the sun set and making S’mores. Ol’ Blue is also far enough out to be a special trip which it is well worth.

We helped each other down to the sea as the coral stone beach slid under foot. Krystyana and Martin joined me for putting the ashes into the sea.

Angela had brought some white roses which she gave to each of us to float them out to sea. Pink bougainvillea joined the roses as we all said our good-byes to Jake.

Thank you to everyone that came out to be with us as well as those that could not attend but did so in the hearts.

Linda, Krystyana, and Bas

Tags: ,
This entry was posted on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 at 14:29 and is filed under Family. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:43

thank you for letting me be with you.

many many hugs!

Lov you guys!

SBC – LaDonna

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:48

Thank you Linda for sharing the pictures very beautiful. Love the break in the clouds..kind of looks like a fish to me!
Very glad you were surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family. Can’t tell you how much your family means to us, hope to see you soon! xo
Meryl and Steve

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:50

Beautiful photos and description of such a special event. Hugs to you all, thank you for posting!

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:53
Mercy Baron Says:

What a beautiful tribute to Jake.

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:55
sjoske Says:

Thank you so much for sharing these special moments . I’m sure a lot of us were there with you in thoughts and harts . Hugs.

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:55
Todd Klukow Says:

Linda, thanks so much for sharing photos. It looks like a beautiful way to honor an extraordinary life. Coincidently, I was in Phoenix last week, the place where I first met Jake, the memories brought a few tears, but much bigger smiles and joy. While we could not be there in person, we were with you, Bas and Krystyana in spirit. All the best.

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:58
Winnie Williams Says:

Linda, Thank you for sharing the photographs. It is my first glimpse of Bonaire.
I send good vibrations to you, Krystyana, and Bas.

HUGS!

Winnie Williams

October 22nd, 2012 at 14:58

Linda,

Thank you for posting these pictures. You KNOW I was with you all in my heart, and my own little tribute to Jake at my beach in California. I know many tears were shed that day from all over the world.

You know I am here for you, Krystyana and Bas if/when you ever need me!

Love and gentle hugs to you all….Cynde

October 22nd, 2012 at 15:00

As Linda poured the ashes into the sea, a “human” cloud appeared that many of us felt was Jake watching over us–a miracle, like Jake himself.
Thank you, Linda, Krystyana, and Bas!
Love to you all,

October 22nd, 2012 at 15:12
Freddie Hughes Says:

Thank you Linda, Krystyana and Bas for sharing this very special tribute to a very special man.. we were there with you in our hearts and with our prayers.
Hugs and Peace to you all

Freddie

October 22nd, 2012 at 16:30
Scott Says:

I was just thinking about Jake (actually, I always do especially walking by the places I have met with Jake here in Manhattan)…

Much thought, love, and hugs,
Scott

October 22nd, 2012 at 16:37
Elvira Bolaños Says:

Beautiful tribute, thank you for sharing this with us!

October 22nd, 2012 at 16:42
Ted Says:

Wish I cold have been there looks amazing!

October 22nd, 2012 at 17:06
Leslie Says:

Thank you for sharing that, Linda.

October 22nd, 2012 at 17:35
Ann Says:

Dear Linda, Krystyana and Bas,

Thank you for the wonderful photos and story of Jake’s gathering at Ole’ Blue. It looks just beautiful – with the sun’s rays peaking through the flowers on such a blue, clear sea. Our thoughts were with you that evening. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Love and hugs,

Ann and Bill

October 22nd, 2012 at 19:39
Tom Says:

Thank you for sharing this with those of us that could not be on island.

Hugs, Tom

October 22nd, 2012 at 22:52
Dara Says:

Linda,
I wish so much that I could have been there in person and am so thankful I got to see Jake in May. I feel so lucky to have been a very small part of his extraordinary life…carried along on the whirlwind created by his zest and enthusiasm. It is comforting to know his ashes have embarked on one last dive. Looking forward to hearing where his pocket rocks will go adventuring…..love to all of you.
Dara

October 22nd, 2012 at 23:27
Margarite Says:

Thank you. Love to all!
Margarite

October 23rd, 2012 at 11:09
Tom Says:

I will always remember mashed cauliflower on Thanksgiving.

October 23rd, 2012 at 14:25
Judy Workman Says:

So beautiful! Thank you for letting us into your lives once again. Love the sunshine through the clouds; the promise of better days ahead. Holding you all in my heart.

October 23rd, 2012 at 14:29
pat murphy Says:

linda, thanks so much for sharing.

October 24th, 2012 at 13:16
Laura R Says:

Stunning photo — one Jake surely would have appreciated tremendously. I closed my eyes and bid adieu to an inspirational guy and send my heartfelt hugs to you, Linda, and the kids.

October 27th, 2012 at 10:43
Greta Anthony Says:

Linda, Krystyana & Bas,

Thank you for sharing these moments with us. I so wish I could have been there for this occasion but am thankful, so very thankful, that I was able to visit Jake in May. Many hugs!